What Game should I look at next?

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fallout New Vegas

My brother picked up a copy of the newest addition to the Fallout family the other day. The game looks very similar to past versions, just in a desert setting. Unlike my other games, that I try to play fully through before getting a rating out into the world, fallout is much to large and therefor will be posting updating blog posts throughout the time I play the game. This blog post is my thoughts and comments from level 1 to 6.


Starting Out
The game starts you getting shot, and it never really says if you died or not. I guess the guys that killed you just don't understand that at point blank range a shot to the head would save them some trouble. Some robot comes and saves you bringing you back to the doctor, who is god in a way, letting you choose your strengths and shit. The game lets you off into the wonderful mojave desert. ( I think I spelled that right ). Your pretty much told by the doctor to go to the salon to get some training so you don't get shot again. You meet some people and do some things. You also get a based understanding of about everyone in the town of GoodSprings that you can. Talking to people in this part of the game really sets up the mood of the game, it establishes two major sides in the desert, and throws the player in-between both sides with some gang problems. NRC and the Legion, the majority of the people favor the NRC ( New Republic of California ). Say that the legion are slavers and killers. I ran into the legion once so far, and they held true to what I was told, the entire town in ruins, but the leader of the group had some cool Armour. I found myself pulling out my gun readying to kill him just to acquire it, when my brother told me you can't. Their is a card game built into the game called caravan. I played two games of it so far, the concept is easy to grasp it's a good way to come into contact with caps when you need some and can't manage to find any. Caps are still the main currency in the wasteland so far, I have been picking up I think it's NRC money, not sure what that does, maybe there is like a town or something that they control and I could spend some of the money there.

Level 6 - Getting off for the night... 
The game itself is very fun, I found myself having a grand time exploring. The quests just like the Fallout 3, do lead you into some crazy shit, my brother and I share an Xbox, and when I was looking at his save, we are both level 6, but he hasn't completed some of the mission, but is a lot further then me in the legion story. The game I think is an amazing game, and I give it a 9/10


If your a fan of my blog, you can contact me through auragaming.net - I'm a programmer their for some of their games. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment